Kaumatua Health Grants
The Kaumatua Health Grant’s are available all year or until such time as the budget funding is used up. Shareholder Kaumatua aged from 65 years and over are eligable for 1 Kaumatua Health Grant per year. Please submit a quote with your letter of application. This Grant is available to assist with the purchase of glasses, hearing aids or dentures. If you wish to apply for a Kaumatua Health Grant, please write a letter to the Incorporation Secretary and include the quote from your health service provider.
All kaumatua aged 65+ plus are eligible for an annual Kaumatua Grant which is allocated annually after the Annual General Meeting. If you would like to know if you qualify or if you would like to register, please contact the incorporation secretary.
Sports Grants are open all year round or until the budget is used up. If you wish to apply for a Sport Grant, please write a letter of application starting whether you are a representative in regional, national or international sport. Include a full budget and a letter of support from the sporting organisation.
Sponsorships are allocated over the duration of the year. Sponsorships can be obtained for many purposes that benefit communities. For more information about sponsorships please contact the incorporation secretary.
Over the years, Mangatawa has supported a multitude of Non-Profit organisations, Community Events and Group fundraisers with their Sponsorship Grants. If you have an opportunity you would like to share with us, then click here and our Committee will decide on the best way to help you.
If you’re studying Fulltime or Parttime at tertiary level then you could be entitled to an Education Grant to help subsidise your course fees.
Education grants are only open between December and February every year and allocated dates are decided on an annually basis. To ensure you wont miss out on our next Education Grant run, register your email here.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Program is now closed!
Applications for the 2022 Tertiary Education Grants are now open and will close on Friday, 18 February 2022. Please note that shares in Estate are not eligible to apply for Education Grants. For more information about succession, please contact the Incorporation Secretary.
The Ebba Te Tua Scholarship is a tribute to the life and work of respected Mangatawa kuia and teacher – the late Ebba Te Tua. Whaea Ebba taught at Arataki School in Mount Maunganui for nearly 30 years and established the school’s bilingual/Māori immersion unit. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the professional and educational development of Mangatawa descendants who have chosen to pursue a career in primary education. It is hoped that applicants will also be committed to the revitalisation of Te Reo Māori, a kaupapa that was dear to the heart of Whaea Ebba. The scholarship is managed by the Mangatawa Papamoa Blocks Incorporated (MPBI) and jointly funded by Generus Living Group (GLG) and MPBI Partnership.
The scholarship applicants must:
- Be of Mangatawa descent;
- Be intending to or be enrolled in full-time study towards a Bachelor of Teaching (Primary OR Primary – Kākano Rua) programme at the University of Waikato
- Submit the application and supporting documentation on time
1. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
2. Additional Information including missing or corrected information, must reach Scholarship Review Panel by the closing date.
3. The Scholarship Review Panel does not accept any responsibility for lost or delayed application packages caused by incorrect mailing instructions or delays in delivery.
4. All applicants (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in writing within two weeks after the scholarship closing date.
5. Scholarship recipient will be required to sign a Scholarship Agreement indicating they are aware of the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
6. Scholarship recipient must provide the Scholarship Review Panel with Annual Progress Report for continued scholarship payments