The Ebba Te Tua Scholarship is a tribute to the life and work of respected Mangatawa kuia and teacher – the late Ebba Te Tua. Whaea Ebba taught at Arataki School in Mount Maunganui for nearly 30 years and established the school’s bilingual/Māori immersion unit. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the professional and educational development of Mangatawa descendants who have chosen to pursue a career in primary education. It is hoped that applicants will also be committed to the revitalisation of Te Reo Māori, a kaupapa that was dear to the heart of Whaea Ebba. The scholarship is managed by the Mangatawa Papamoa Blocks Incorporated (MPBI) and jointly funded by Generus Living Group (GLG) and MPBI Partnership.
The scholarship applicants must:
– Be of Mangatawa descent;
– Be intending to or be enrolled in full-time study towards a Bachelor of Teaching (Primary OR Primary – Kākano Rua) programme at the University of Waikato
– Submit the application and supporting documentation on time
1. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
2. Additional Information including missing or corrected information, must reach Scholarship Review Panel by the
3. The Scholarship Review Panel does not accept any responsibility for lost or delayed application packages
caused by incorrect mailing instructions or delays in delivery.
4. All applicants (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in writing within two weeks after the scholarship
5. Scholarship recipient will be required to sign a Scholarship Agreement indicating they are aware of the terms and
conditions of the scholarship.
6. Scholarship recipient must provide the Scholarship Review Panel with Annual Progress Report for continued
Click here to download the Application form.